Why deal with a painful event or even the same disaster, some will depression and others do not ? Is that in each such circumstance leads to negative thoughts, ruminations, which are the bed of the depression .
Friday, January 11, 2013
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Tuesday, December 25, 2012
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
The baby blues occurs within days of the birth and manifests as "symptoms" vary from one woman to another:
- crying for no apparent reason.
- mood swings, melancholy ideas.
- hypersensitivity to criticism or comments made by the environment.
- irritability, anxiety about his ability to be able to care for the baby.
- difficult to focus on the newborn and guilt.
- despondency, discouragement.
- Hormonal cause: the baby blues is related to the sudden drop in estrogen and progesterone concentrations within a few hours after delivery of the placenta, concentrations were very high during pregnancy. However, these hormones have a real effect antidepressant . This hormonal upheaval causes significant disruption of the internal clock and emotions.
- Psychological cause: the baby blues is also linked to the aftermath of the pregnancy and the birth , which are really tiring events. Young mothers suffer from a lack of more or less sleep and it is well known that the strain has emotional impact, such as irritability, hypersensitivity and fear of not being able to cope. From the status of a pregnant woman as a mother is not always easy. Becoming a mother entails new responsibilities that may concern. Will it measure up? Finally, many women are confused because they see a gap between the imagined baby during pregnancy and the baby they have in front of them.
- Organizing the homecoming: delegate a maximum of things dad, grandparents of your child, or a housekeeper.
- Do not remain isolated: try to spend time each day with another adult: invite your friends, your family and talk about something other than the baby.
- Schedule a recreational activity per day: go out shopping, go see a friend, walk by baby stores, and even better, go out without baby.
- Rest: try to sleep at the same time as your baby.
- Talk to your partner, a friend who has already been there: know also that the gynecologist or midwife used this depression among young mothers passing and will reassure you.
- Focus on physical contact with her child it is important to him to share his emotions and feelings.
- Perspective: the baby blues is not a disease, it is normal and most women go through there!
When to see
- The feeling of discomfort persists beyond 15 days.
- The depression is significant proportions.
The physician or psychologist will check that it is an episode of the baby blues and not a true depression , deeper. It is suspected if the mom still feels tired and depressed 6-8 weeks after childbirth , if she refuses to see his family or friends, if she can not take care of her baby or 'herself, if she is afraid of hurting her. It can also show signs of anorexia or bulimia.
The first thing to do is to recognize that they are suffering from baby blues and agree to talk. This is the first step on the road to recovery. The environment plays a key role presence, help and support. A maternity care team, the psychologist are also there to listen, help care for the baby. If necessary, the prescription tranquilizer, low dose, will calm the insomnia and anxiety of the mother.